MIFARE DESFire EV2
MIFARE DESFire EV2 offers superior performance, state-of-the-art security, privacy and enhanced multi-application support. This next generation smart card significantly enhance the customer experience and enable new business models based on the next level of transaction security and private data protection.
Compared to previous versions, MIFARE DESFire EV2 further increases flexibility by holding as many different applications as the memory size supports. It has an increased operating distance with full compatiblility to the existing NFC reader hardware platform.
This technology is best for Advanced public transportation, Access management, Closed-loop micropayment, Campus and student ID cards and Loyalty programs.
- ISO/IEC 14443 A 1-4 and ISO/IEC 7816 compliant
- 2/4/8-Kbyte EEPROM with fast programming
- Flexible file structure
- NFC Tag Type 4 compliant
- Secure, high-speed command set
- MIsmartApp grants application space to third parties without sharing the master key
- Unlimited number of applications
- Transaction MAC to authenticate transactions
- Multiple key sets per application for key rolling
- Virtual Card architecture for privacy protection
- Proximity Check to protect against relay attacks
- High data rates according to ISO/ IEC 14443-4: up to 848 Kbits/s
- Choice of open DES/2K3DES/3K3DES/AES crypto algorithms in hardware
- Unique 7-byte serial number (ISO C ascade Level 2)
- Common criteria certification: EAL5 + for IC HW and SW (certification in progress)