Dominion Waldo's Hydraulic Dehorner
This hydraulic dehorner uses a portable hydraulic motor to drive a handheld hydraulic guillotine which shears off a horn in under 2 seconds.
The Waldo's Horn Buster has been sold in Australia since 1990. From 2014, the manufacturing was assumed by Dominion Surgical Instruments and a new and improved version has been released.
Full range of spare parts available
Made in Australia
How to use?
- Connect to a 12 volt battery with a minimum 720 CCA system of sufficient size and condition with motor running to charge battery
- Disconnect unit when not in use.
- Never place hands or other body parts near blades.
- Hold unit only by handles provided.
- The oil level should be checked daily. Use only quality 32 weight hydraulic oil if required.
- Keep moving components lubricated.
- Check all components for serviceability before each use.
- Press and hold the momentary button switch on the rear handle to engage the power and activate the ram / bottom blade. It takes approximately 2 seconds for the blade to fully extend.
- The stroke length is preset so as to ensure that the shaft stops short of the top fixed blade.
- When the horn has been cut off, release the switch to allow the ram to retract. DO NOT KEEP THE POWER ENGAGED.
- Do not hang or stretch cables. Position close to power source
- Take care when removing from and replacing unit in the container. Do not force.
- Do not tightly bend hoses or put press on the hose connections.
- Blade Opening: 75mm
- Lead: 7.5cm